Distance from Wakad and Shivajinagar:
- Distance from Wakad: 167 km
- Distance from Shivajinagar: 237 km
About Kaas plateau:
Kaas plateau is a plateau situated 25 km west from Satara city in Maharashtra, India. It is also known as the ‘Plateau of Flowers’ due to the variety of wildflowers that bloom here during the monsoon season (June to September).
Kaas Pathar is home to over 600 species of wildflowers, including some rare and endangered species. The plateau is also home to a variety of butterflies, birds, and other wildlife.
My journey to Kaas plateau:
I started my journey to Kaas plateau early in the morning to avoid the traffic and to enjoy the cooler temperatures. I had a heavy breakfast, as I knew there would not be many food options at the destination.
I took the highway to Satara, and enjoyed the scenic views along the way. The ghats were particularly beautiful, with the lush green mountains and the winding road.
Once I reached Satara, I followed the signs to Kaas plateau. The road to Kaas plateau is narrow and winding, but it is well-maintained.
When I arrived at Kaas plateau, I was immediately struck by the beauty of the place. The plateau was covered in a carpet of wildflowers of all colors.
I parked my car about 2-3 km away from the flower garden, as cars are not allowed inside. I then took one of the vehicles that are available to take visitors to the flower garden.
Walking through the beautiful flowers:
I was amazed by the variety of wildflowers that I saw in the flower garden. There were flowers of all shapes, sizes, and colors. I saw some flowers that I had never seen before, and I was also able to identify some of my favorite wildflowers.
I spent a few hours walking through the flowers, taking pictures and enjoying the beauty of the place. I also saw a variety of butterflies and birds.
It was a truly magical experience, and I highly recommend visiting Kaas plateau during the monsoon season to see the beautiful wildflowers.
- Start early in the morning to avoid the traffic and to enjoy the cooler temperatures.
- Bring a lightweight raincoat or single-use raincoat, as the weather is always cold and there is a little breeze.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Carry water and snacks with you, as there are not many food options at the destination.
- Be respectful of the wildlife and the environment.
- Do not litter.
- Have a healthy breakfast, as you can walk around 5-9 km in a day.
- Take your time and enjoy the flowers. There is no need to rush.
- Be careful where you step, as some of the flowers are very delicate.
- If you are visiting with children, make sure to keep an eye on them.
- Take lots of pictures to capture the beauty of the flowers.
- I hope this article inspires you to visit Kaas plateau and to experience the beauty of the wildflowers.