Distance and time from Wakad and Shivajinagar:
- Distance from Wakad: 12 km
- Time from Wakad: 30 minutes
- Distance from Shivajinagar: 16 km
- Time from Shivajinagar: 45 minutes
About Arai Hills:
Arai Hills, also known as Vetal Tekdi, is a hill located in the Pashan area of Pune, India. It is the highest point in Pune, at an elevation of over 2,000 feet. The hill is covered in dense forest and is home to a variety of flora and fauna.
Arai Hills is a popular spot for hiking, trekking, and birdwatching. The hill also offers stunning views of Pune city and the surrounding countryside.
Things to do at Arai Hills:
- Go for a walk or hike: There are a number of trails that wind through the Arai Hills. Some of the trails are easy to walk, while others are more challenging.
- Visit the Vetal Temple: The Vetal Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vetal. The temple is located on the top of Arai Hills and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Visit the ARAI: The Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) is located on Arai Hills. ARAI is a research and development organization that works on automotive technologies. ARAI also has a museum that is open to the public.
- Have a picnic: Arai Hills is a great spot for a picnic. There are a number of open spaces where you can relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the surroundings.
- Go birdwatching: Arai Hills is home to a variety of birds. Some of the birds that can be seen in the Arai Hills include the Indian peafowl, the Indian grey hornbill, and the Malabar trogon.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset: The Arai Hills offer stunning views of the sunrise and sunset. If you are visiting Arai Hills, be sure to catch the sunrise or sunset from one of the many viewpoints.
- The best time to visit Arai Hills is during the winter months (November to February), when the weather is pleasant.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing when visiting Arai Hills.
- Carry water and snacks with you, as there are no shops or restaurants on the hill.
- Be respectful of the wildlife and the environment.
- Do not litter.