WhatsApp has been working on fingerprint lock and finally they have released this features to latest update.
You can enable the fingerprint lock on WhatsApp by visiting the privacy settings of the app. I have tested this feature on multiple Android devices and it works flawlessly.
Here is the step-by-step guide you can follow to secure your chats on WhatsApp.
1. Go to WhatsApp setting on the top right corner of WhatsApp android app.
2. Here, tap on Accounts and then on Privacy.
3. Scroll down to find the “Fingerprint lock” option and tap on it. Now, tap on the toggle to turn it on.
4. In the next step, WhatsApp will ask you to confirm your fingerprint so touch on the fingerprint sensor of your device to confirm it. Once confirmed, you will see that there is an option to set the “Automatically Lock” time. You can choose between immediately, 1 minute, and 30 minutes.
Finally, there’s a toggle to enable/disable message previews.
5. Once you have enabled the fingerprint lock, this is how your WhatsApp will open if anyone wants to access it without your permission.