Google and it’s all other product becomes part of your daily life. And google gathers lots of data when you are searching anything on search engine or search any location or when you are watching videos on YouTube or google play and others. However, Google is allowing users to have greater control over how their data is handled, including the ability to delete the data automatically on a regular basis.
- Google allows you manage data for the three categories
- Web and app history
- Google Maps history and GPS location data,
- YouTube search and watch histories
You can access such data from the activity dashboard in your Google Account.
Reasons for deleting Google data
First of all it give you more personal privacy which can help to delete the google location data, YouTube. Besides, data deletion helps you with up-to-date content duration.Also deleting your data makes Google Play, YouTube and other services make fresher recommendations in correspondence to your interests at the time.
How to auto-deleting your Google data
- Sign into your google account then open your activity.
- Now, you will see Activity controls on the sidebar on the left, click on it.
- Next, scroll down to the type of data you want to manage and click on Manage Activity like web, maps or YouTube.
- Once you go inside the activity then under the calendar icon, click Choose how long to keep and choose either 3 or 18 months for the auto-deletion time. You can also choose manual deletion.
- To save the changes, click on Next.
- You will have to do these steps again for each data type you wish to be deleted automatically. And regarding Location History, you have to click today from the upper left corner before clicking the gear icon for the lower right corner.
- Next, you need to choose automatically delete Location History then select a time.