Everyone nowadays uses WhatsApp as a primary communication channel, but moreover people are specially interested in checking WhatsApp Stories of all the folks in the contact list.
WhatsApp has a feature which lets you put photos and videos as your status for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the videos or photos that you post are automatically removed. You can check the name of the contacts who view your status while it was live. WhatsApp doesn’t allow others to download photos or videos from your status.
For saving photos from contacts status, you can easily take a screenshot and save the photo.
But what if we tell you that you can save the Stories easily into your phone without any third part tool, Sounds interesting right.
If you want to save videos, follow the steps mentioned below. You will be able to save videos from WhatsApp status without having to install any extra app:
How to download WhatsApp status video on Android:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android and make sure you have seen the video of the person that you want to save.
- Now open any file manager app on your device. Most Android devices come with a file manager app pre-installed.
- Now open Files app and go to its Settings by clicking three dots at the top. Activate option to Show hidden files.
- Now go to internal storage and navigate to WhatsApp> Media>.Statuses
- You will find all the active statuses that your contacts have put up in this ‘.Statuses‘ folder. You will find both photos and videos here.
- Now copy the files you wish to save and move them to some other folder.
Hope you find this little trick useful.